Re: What is 2t plastic hinge gusset plate design?

Vish,

If you can get your hands on the SEAONC seismic design manual vol III, it has an example for SCBF's.

the 2T offset is for HSS braces. For WF braces, you may be able to avoid this depending on which way your brace is rotated about it's axis.

The two papers Michelle linked for you are good references. The 2T is now actually a range of 2T to 4T where T is the thickness of the gusset plate and the yield/buckling line is offset from the edge of the brace and a projection along the gusset from the frame column to the frame beam.

-gm