Structural Observation Contract Clause

Listers,

I have so many problems getting others to understand this one so I am trying to clarify it a bit.  How does this sound:

"Structural observations, as may or may not be required by the department of building and safety, will be provided only when requested by the client or representative thereof. Coordination and scheduling of structural observations is the responsibility of the client and/or client's representative."

My jobs are primarilly single-family residences.

Thanks.

Michel