Re: Archiving Trade Magazines

I tear out the articles for later read, and pitch the rest.  I have several, by type (conc., steel, etc)  I have large "to be read" files.  But if a question comes up, I have a recollection of it and can very quickly find it if need be.  Doing a search and not quite remembering the title, date, or even pub, makes the search tedious.

>>> On 3/26/2008 at 7:23 PM, "Ashwin Ranga Swamy" <aswinpe(--nospam--at)hotmail.com> wrote:
I am sure many of receive a few trade magazines.  some interesting one are:
Modern Steel Construction (http://www.modernsteel.com/);
Structural Engineer (http://www.gostructural.com/) and
Structure (http://www.structuremag.org/)

Do you save them or discard them after reading?
If you save them, how long do you keep them?
For a while i was tearing out interesting articles, but then i rely on the
internet archives for the search and then i can find the nice printed
version in my library.

These things are beginning to pile up and most of the articles are on the
internet.  I am now thinking, if it is worth to keep them or donate them to
a local library (who would then toss them into the dumpster).

Interested to know how you deal with this issue.

Ashwin Ranga Swamy, P.E.
Los Angeles, California

*   http://www.seaint.org/sealist1.asp
*   site at: http://www.seaint.org