Re: NYC building Code and AISC 13th edition

thanks Ken!
----- Original Message -----
From: Ken Loush
Sent: Friday, March 28, 2008 10:53 AM
Subject: RE: NYC building Code and AISC 13th edition

Ken:

Check out this link http://www.nyc.gov/html/dob/downloads/bldgs_code/bcrs10.pdf.  Reference Standard 10 lists all applicable national standards for the current code.

In June of this year, NYC is scheduled to update their building code - their version of the IBC   http://www.nyc.gov/html/dob/downloads/pdf/cc_chapter16.pdf

Good Luck.

Ken Loush
Eastern Exterior Wall Systems, Inc.
Bethlehem, PA

From: Ken Peoples [mailto:kspeoples(--nospam--at)lvta.net]
Sent: Friday, March 28, 2008 10:05 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: NYC building Code and AISC 13th edition

We are doing some structural steel connection design for a project in NYC and the EOR wants us to use the 9th edition AISC.  The reasoning he gives is this:

The New York city code does not recognize the 13th edition for ASD, all connection design needs to be done to AISC ASD 335-89s1 (i.e 9th edition)

I find this difficult to believe.  Can any of you tell me if this is true?

Thanks for your help,

Best regards,

Kenneth S. Peoples, P.E.

1584 Weaversville Road