RE: Programs for cast-in-place Anchors

Gerard,

Have you tried to epoxy a holdown anchor into a 2x stud wall.  I find using the Hilti epoxy limits my minimum edge distance to more than 3” for a 5/8” threaded rod.  So for a 2x4 stud wall with a minimum edge distance of 1.75” this will not work.  I have been informed by Simpson that some cities still allow you to use the old ESR reports.

Have you run into this situation with the new code?

Marlou B. Rodriguez, S.E.

MBRodriguez Engineering, Inc.

2355 Oakland Road, Suite 14

San Jose, CA 95131

Tel: 408-432-4866 x200

Cell: 408-761-5013

email: mbrodrig(--nospam--at)mbrodriguez.com