Re: Programs for cast-in-place Anchors

Marlou,

I've been going with 2x6 wall studs on all new wood projects for structural walls for years, so I have not encountered it yet for 2x4 walls or on existing building retrofits. Fortunately, the retrofits I have done in the new code are 2x6 studs so there's more room.

Have you considered drilling in at a 10-15 degree angle from vertical to get more toward the center of the concrete below and maybe neglecting a few inches of the upper portion for side blow out? This is what Hardy Frame does on some of their details and I've used it in the past when the footing edge is flush with the exterior F.O. wall.

It means bending the ATR at the top, but there's not much else we can do for retrofits and existing footings.

-gm