Re: House Leveling

Out here in Central TX, we have some of the worst clays in the country.  Causes lots of various problems that are different from a relatively stable settlement issue.
The best way here, is a reputable company (read: don't go lowest bid) comes out w/ about fifty, 40 Ton jacks.  They place these next to most of the piers.  Sometimes w/ carrier beams, etc.  then starting at the lowest points, they start jacking by about 1/4" increments or so.  Not sure of the amount, they know what they're doing.  Someone inside is with a Comp-u-level.  maybe a framing level.  They continue along until it's level, and shim.
Don't expect this to happen without drywall cracking!  It'll need repair proportionate to amount of lift.  Shouldn't incur any additional structural damage, but may make more apparent, or exascerbate what is already there.
If it's lifting due to clays, There are other issues.
Feel free to contact me if you need more.
JDC
972-763-4435