RE: home evaluation

Thanks for the recommendations.

I talked to a friend who is an insurance agent and this gave me another idea. She says that they have access to a database the shows the location of the nearest sinkhole and they use this for premiums. She didn’t know where the data came from but I’m guessing it must come from previous claims and perhaps some geotechnical surveys. Also she said that they can pull up the claim history on any house.

Anyway, I’m thinking that a buyer or perhaps even an engineer could arrange for an agent to quote or research a house prior to purchase and prior to report issuance.

Christopher Banbury, PE

President

Ark Engineering, Inc.

PO Box 10129, Brooksville, FL 34603

22 North Broad ST, Brooksville, FL 34601

Phone: (352) 754-2424

Fax: (352) 754-2412

www.arkengineering.net