Steel Stairs and Railing Design

I have a client who is a steel fabricator employed by the contractor on a project. Per the specs, he is required to provide design calculations for the stair design as well as the railing design. Are there any good reference materials that address the design of metal stairs and handrails? I did a quick search and discovered that the NAAMM metal stairs manual is not available online, although I am not sure that would even be useful.