From: G Vishwanath [mailto:gvshwnth(--nospam--at)yahoo.com]
Sent: Friday, 4 April 2008 19:11
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Re: Steel slides for quick reference

Quote:
===================
Brilliant!
Regards
Conrad Harrison
==================
Unquote:

Brilliant?

Who ? Me?
Gosh! Thanks a million.
Permit me to  blush in modesty!
It's years since a steel detailer heard a kind word from any one.

If you are referring to the wheel chart, Oh well never mind.
The feeling was nice while it lasted.

Yes, we do use Tekla structures and none in my team will have any use for this chart.
It may hang on the wall as a show piece.
But I do look at dwgs occasionally. I find it inconvenient to thumb through the pages of the manual or switch on my computer and wait for en eternity while it boots up, to quickly refer to some dimension of interest.  During my professional career,  I had all the dimensions and properties of the common Indian sections memorized. That would tempt you to call me brilliant until you become aware that we in India  had just about a dozen sections to choose from and memorizing was possible and the most practical thing to do.

Anyway, I'm paying just $13.50 for this wheel chart and will record this as a business expense in my books. What have I got to lose? May be I can auction it as an antique piece years from now. I already have four slide rules in my antique collection.
Very soon I too (in flesh and blood) hope to join this antique collection.

And yes, do accept my compliments and thanks for introducing a philosophical touch to the proceedings. No, your posts are not too long. You have a long way to go before you can beat Dennis Wish on this list and my old posts on the steel-detail list.

Regards,
Vish