Re: Concentrated Loads on Plywood Floors...

Benjamin Maxwell wrote:
Listerineros,
I am in need of some recommendations or references for determining the structural adequacy of concentrated loads on plywood floors.
See APA Caster Loadings on Plywood, publication X227. I downloaded the PDF and briefly looked at it. If you can't get it off the APA site, let me know and I will email it to you. I had a similar situation last year with a manlift on a plywood floor supported by steel joists. The contractor had to change to a lighter model, not sure what he did around the higher portions of the ceiling.