Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Re: Water Heater Bracing Guidelines[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
- Subject: Re: Water Heater Bracing Guidelines
- From: "Paul Blomberg" <paul.blomberg(--nospam--at)gmail.com>
- Date: Mon, 7 Apr 2008 11:02:23 -0700
This might be useful:
On Mon, Apr 7, 2008 at 10:15 AM, Paul Blomberg <paul.blomberg(--nospam--at)gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm in a quick (I hope) battle with a contractor that braced an 80 gallon
> water heater his way versus what was on the plans. He says it's okay since
> the strap he used (Hubbard Quick Strap) is State of California State
> Architect Acceptable method No. 97-010.
> Can anyone point me to that document? I don't think he installed the
> strapping correctly and I need to check his word (and no, he is not
> forthcoming with additional documentation).
> Is there more up to date guidelines around? I've found the Aug. 2004 DSA
> "Guidelines for Earthquake Bracing of Residential Water Heaters" and he
> doesn't meet that guideline.
> Appreciate the help!!
- Prev by Subject: Re: Water Heater Bracing Guidelines
- Next by Subject: Weak Rivets of Titanic, Weak Steel Bearing Walls of WTC, Weak Levees of New Orleans- Weak Gussets of I-35W Bridge= 6000 deaths
- Previous by thread: Re: Water Heater Bracing Guidelines
- Next by thread: ASCE 7 errata