3x min for conc/mas wall anch to flex diaph?

The 1997 UBC Section 1633.2.8.1 item 5 required that wood “elements of anchorage” have the strength to take 0.85 x Fanch and have a minimum net thickness of 2.5 inches.  I am at a loss to find where this requirement is included in the new code.   ASCE 7-05 Section 12.11.2 addresses anchorage of concrete & masonry walls, but the 3x min requirement seems to have been dropped.

I think you would have a hard time finding hardware to fit/work with members smaller than 3x anyway and I plan to continue detailing with 3x minimum.  Just curious if anyone else had noticed this or might have some background on possible reasons for this apparent omission.

Regards,

Diane C. Gould, S.E.

Senior Structural Engineer

DGS-RESD-PSB