Re: Safety factor=4 for anchors

As I understand:
The values listed are the mfr's test values.  So the design values are arrived at by statistics (remember bell curves?).  Not unlike the way they arrive at strength values for wood.

>>> On 4/14/2008 at 12:51 PM, "Wontae Kim" <kimwontae(--nospam--at)email.com> wrote:
Hi!

Please explain why SF=4 has been used for anchor (allowable stress) design.
I have never been told how and why SF=4 was chosen.

--
Want an e-mail address like mine?