RE: Lord of the Revits: Fellowship of the Bim

I downloaded the Revit Structural demo and played with that for 30 days.  I found it a difficult program to learn although I was able to put together a two bay by two bay, two story steel framed structure.  Braced frames one direction and moment frames in the other.  My model is very clunky.

I was disappointed that you cannot draw a structure in 3-d AutoCAD and directly import it into Revit.  You have to import it as a non-.dwg file and trace the model.  No seamless operation there.

I am using the book, "Mastering Autodesk Revit Building", by Paul Aubin.  His teaching methods don't really work for me.  I just downloaded a tutorial and this looks like a good way to learn.

Have you actually purchased Revit?

Regards,

Bob Garner, S.E.