Re: AISC minimum number of bolts

jatech(--nospam--at)telus.net wrote:
I'm not certain of an AISC requirement but the erector will want two holes, one
for drifting.

Dave

Quoting Drew Morris <dmorris(--nospam--at)bbfm.com>:

I have a steel framed project with HSS wind girts. I calced and drew the girt to column connection with one bolt. The steel detailer mentioned that there is an AISC requirement for 2 bolts? Does anyone know if this exists and where it is located? TIA

The HSS girts (long axis horizontal) will be sitting on a WT section welded to the flanges and web of the W10x33 columns. The WT sections act as a ledge that the girts will sit on. I am concerned only for the out of plane bending and detailed it with only 1 bolts to allow some deflection.