Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
RE: Seismic Equation Misprint?[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: RE: Seismic Equation Misprint?
- From: "Joseph R. Grill" <jrgrill(--nospam--at)cableone.net>
- Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2008 07:58:16 -0700
Thanks to all of you that replied to my question.
Yes, the errata notes that the formula should read:
6. (1.0 + 0.105 SDS) D + H + F + 0.525 ρ QE + 0.75 L + 0.75 (Lr or S or R)
check out page E-4 - it's part of the 9.15.06 errata
I am looking at Section 18.104.22.168 of ASCE 7-05 “Basic Combinations for Allowable Stress Design” Equation #6. Should the second term in the DL portion of the equation be .105 Sds or should it be .10 Sds? I looked at the latest Errata and it wasn’t mentioned.
- Prev by Subject: RE: Seismic Equation Misprint?
- Next by Subject: Seismic Foundation Loading
- Previous by thread: RE: Seismic Equation Misprint?
- Next by thread: Re: Seismic Equation Misprint?