ACI 318 Appendix D

Hello SEAINTers,

I have been, and continue to be confused by a design issue in Appendix
D of ACI 318, having to do with the bars crossing the line of the
pullout cone.

If I have a number of bars crossing the pullout cone, should I
consider them in shear friction to resist against the punching shear
of the cone?  If the head of my anchor is embedded inside a confined
core, can I also count on Phi V_s = Av fy d / s where d is the
distance from the head of the anchor to the longitudinal
reinforcement?

All of this, and I can increase my Phi for concrete breakout strength
for Condition A - reinforcement crossing the potential concrete
failure surface?

Or do I just get the increase in Phi without any increase for stirrups
or shear friction?