RE: Climate Change

Hi All;
	I really hesitated to respond to Professor's Ataneh-Asl's email
yesterday.  His section with regard to engineering ethics made several
excellent points as I make a pretty good living fixing other engineer's (and
architect's) lapses.

	What's really upsetting was (once again) the blanket acceptance of
global warming.  The discussion on this list, I would hope, is for the
rational analysis and discussion of items and concerns with regard to
STRUCTURAL ENGINEERING.

	Since you probably will not concede the "hocus pocus" science behind
"Global Warming", at least use the more politically correct: "Climate
Change".

	Meanwhile, you might check out:
	http://www.nationalpost.com/story.html?id=440268
	or
	http://www.globalwarming.org/
	or
	http://www.weatherquestions.com/Roy-Spencer-on-global-warming.htm .

	Not everyone shares the blanket view of global warming that seems to
have taken hold of the "Peoples Republic of California" -- particularly in
the Bay Area.  There are other views that also warrant discussion -- just
not on this list in my opinion.
	End of political rant.  Please return to your regularly scheduled
STRUCTURAL discussion....

Terry Weatherby SE
Weatherby-Reynolds-Fritson
Jackson, CA.

Weak,Levees of New Orleans- Weak Gussets of I-35W Bridge= 6000 deaths

Levees of New Orleans- Weak Gussets of I-35W Bridge= 6000 deaths