From: Terry Weatherby [mailto:terry(--nospam--at)wrfed.com]
Sent: Thursday, April 17, 2008 3:35 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: RE: Field Grading of Existing Wood Framing

Hi Jeff;
	It's probably cheaper to add a member to one or both sides than
tracking down a lumber grader.  I have added members to upgrade a few of the
old "panelized" warehouse type buildings as a repair methodology.  An LVL on
each side worked quite well.
	I just found a lumber grader today here in the Mother Lode near
Placerville.  Email me directly if that is close enough (northern California
area) to where you are doing the work and I would be happy to pass his name
to you.  At the least he may know someone in your area.
	Take care,

Terry Weatherby SE
Weatherby-Reynolds-Fritson
Engineering and Design