RE: A Programming Question

There are a lot of compilers out there if that is the way you want to go.
http://www.directorycomputers.com/software/software-engineering/programming-development/compilers

Here are some free ones:
http://www.freebyte.com/programming/compilers/envelop.html
http://www.geocities.com/KindlyRat/GWBASIC.html

You might just dust off the old program and jazz it up.  Consider Visual Basic, GW Basic, C++, etc.

I think that redoing it in Excel would be more work, but I do not know your programs.

Regards,
Harold Sprague