RE: Drawing file conversion from handwriting and pdf file to Auto Cadd dwg file

We usually convert the PDF file to a TIFF file, then we copy the TIFF file into the AutoCAD drawing and trace over the TIFF drawings, when done tracing just delete the TIFF file.  It seems to be as fast or faster as converting the PDF to DWG and then fixing the drawing.

Jason

From: David Topete [mailto:d.topete73(--nospam--at)gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, April 18, 2008 10:34 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Re: Drawing file conversion from handwriting and pdf file to Auto Cadd dwg file

The pdf-to-dwg converter seems somewhat handy, but it breaks the line work into an individual line segment.  and, it depends on how high a resolution the pdf is.  So, a single vertical line such as a handwritten capital i can be broken up into 200 (or some crazy amount of) line segments.  Bottom line- if the drawing will be manipulated, every line will need to be redrawn or traced, and changed to an appropriate layer, color, linetype, etc.  Clunky and cumber some.  GL with it.