Concrete-filled steel piles

For a project on very soft soil, subject to liquefaction, we will be going with friction pile foundations, which will also serve the geothermal tubes.
Piles will be 8" dia. steel tubes.
What are the structural advantages of filling them with concrete ?  The geothermal people need to fill the tube with something that is a good conductor, such as their geo-grout (I don't know what that is exactly, just that it remains liquid) or concrete, or even water.

Thanks in advance for comments, opinions, diatribe, irony, satire or knowledge.