From: Stan Caldwell [mailto:stancaldwell(--nospam--at)gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, April 18, 2008 8:45 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Re: Climate Change

I am finally ready to concede global warming.  Here in Texas, it is fact.  It is undeniable that things will get a good deal warmer before we get any relief.  We have a name for this phenomenon.  We call it SPRING.

Seriously, anyone losing any sleep over global warming should study history.  In the 60s, it was the Population Bomb.  If we kept having kids, we would all starve to death by the end of the millenium.  It didn't happen, I weigh more now than I did then.  In the 70s, we were all going to die because of the proliferation of nuclear power plants.  Americans listened and shut them all down.  Only the French and the Swedes stayed with nuclear.  Now we envy them for their foresight (but not for anything else).  In 20 or 30 years, our grandchildren will look back at our current panic over global warming and have a good hearty laugh.  Then they will put on their parkas and go polar bear hunting in their personal helicopters, just for fun.

And good old Prof. Astaneh will be blaming the big chill on corruption by his fellow engineers.