RE: Climate Change

> However, the question of the causes of climate change has become very
> important to structural engineers because oif its
> implications that affect our designs.

How? How does a THEORETICAL change of less than 2 degrees Fahrenheit within one century - not a bit of which has happened yet - "affect our designs?"

This is the thing that annoys the H*LL out of me and many others. This whole thing has gone totally out of control. It has become an officially "sponsored" religious movement, heretics of which are encouraged to get in line or "face the consequences."

There is NO evidence of ANY climate change, "manmade" or not, that does not fall WELL within the boundaries of what we know to be naturally-occurring cycles, mostly to do with the activity of the sun.

This is the latest instance of the Big Lie, which when repeated often enough is supposed to be automatically valid - OR ELSE. It's all about government (and worse, SUPER-GOVERNMENT) control of individual lives, and the redistribution of wealth. The trite admonition to "follow the money" is never more true than in this instance.

I call utter, absolute and profound BULL**** on the whole endeavor, and the notion that it "affects our designs" EVEN IF IT WERE TRUE, is just one more example of the hysteria, and the grinding need of some to force a shift in the paradigm so that they may profit thereby.

PERIOD.