RE: Climate Change

Which is why I suspect Chris said this was not an appropriate forum for it.
Too many on either side will resort to talking about the "political" side of
the issue, rather than the less political side of sustainable design
(whether you consider it done because it is good to in general try to make
wise use of our resources while thinking that global warming stuff is bunk
or if you consider global warming real).  About the only thing that I know
about global warming is that I don't really know enough to know if it is a
real "threat" or not.  I will admit that I have yet to see any real
definitive evidence that it is a real threat, but I also will admit that our
"pool of data" is extremely limited.  After all, how many times in the past
have there been billions of people on this planet doing activities that put
out stuff that has the potential to be harmful?  Um, zero.  The point is
that we have zero historical evidence to show what human activity on this
scale may or may not do (and yes, there are some historical natural events
that might produce some similar results, but do we know how those results
might differ and if so, how those differences may or may not change
things?).  The point is that I just don't know.  Thus, I try to keep an open
mind and not paint myself into a corner.  In the mean time, I will do things
that "try" to help, but I won't go extremely out of my way to do them.

Regards,

Scott
Adrian, MI