RE: ITEM: Oregon State Climatologist "Wasn't Purged" for His Views

As to the political factors, I would argue that there is absolutely ZERO
definitive stuff about whether he was pressured due to his views...other
that what you read into it.  In fact, the only definitive thing was that he
said "I don't believe the governor purged me".  Anything else is pure
speculation.

The bit in the intro where the governor "warned hin to quit representing
himself as the state climatologist" can mean a bunch of different things.
It could mean "I, the governor, believe in global warming and I am telling
you to shut up or lose your job".  Or it could mean that "I don't care
whether you believe in global warming or not, you should not be representing
yourself as if you somehow represent some offical opinion of the state of
Oregon".

As to his no comment when asked if he was told to back off or lose your job,
again that can mean a bunch of different things.  It could mean that "I
don't want to comment because if I do, someone could retaliate against me
and I would not make it until I planned to retire".  Or it could mean that
"I don't want to comment because even if I told you no one threatened me,
there would be those that would not believe it any way so I see no point in
commenting on the issue".  The point is that likely no matter how he
responded to that question, a lot of people would already have their mind
made up and spin the answer however they wanted.

So, in the end, all that is there is innuendo and speculation about whether
he was bullied or threatened.  Now, I am not saying that is it not possible.
In fact, I would be surprised if he was not bullied or threatened...that is
SOP in politics on all sides by powerful people who want things their
way...things like Republican, Democrat, conservative, liberal, etc tend to
be irrelevant when talking about powerful people who want things done their
way.

Regards,

Scott
Adrian, MI