Re: ITEM: Oregon State Climatologist "Wasn't Purged" for His Views

David,
Canada (the Liberal party was in power then) signed the Kyoto agreement and then just ignored it. The Conservatives are now in power and still ignore it. The United States is the largest polluter in the world, but Canada is worse on a per capita basis and the US has done more to reduce their pollution than we have since Kyoto thanks mostly to the individual states doing things.
Gary

David Fisher wrote:

If you mean that by not signing the Kyoto treaty and having an energy (and
effectively an environmental) policy crafted by the oil companies, I would
say that our
Government has indeed squelched the debate, yes.

David L. Fisher SE PE
Senior Director

The Fisher Companies Ltd. - Cayman
372 West Ontario Chicago 60610
319 A Street Boston 02210

312.573.1701
312.573.1726 facsimile
312.622.0409 mobile

www.thefishercompanies.com
www.fpse.com

"England expects every officer and man to do his duty this day."

                                       - Admiral Horatio Nelson
                                         HMS Victory
                                         Trafalgar 1805