SSI Reduction in Seismic Demand

I am endeavoring to reduce my in-structure demand (response spectra) by using soil structure interaction.  The 2 story structure is very rigid, and the soils are over 300 feet deep.  I have a peak of 1g in the lateral and vertical spectra.  The soils are stiff gravels.  Shear wave velocities are in the range of 2,000 to 3,000 fps.

Ball park time.  About how much of a percentage reduction can be anticipated by using SSI?   I am trying to figure out if it is worth the effort to use SSI.  I have to develop in-structure vertical and horizontal response spectra to determine demand.

Regards,
Harold Sprague

Back to work after baby– how do you know when you’re ready?