Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
SSI Reduction in Seismic Demand[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: SSI Reduction in Seismic Demand
- From: Harold Sprague <spraguehope(--nospam--at)hotmail.com>
- Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2008 22:35:51 +0000
I am endeavoring to reduce my in-structure demand (response spectra) by using soil structure interaction. The 2 story structure is very rigid, and the soils are over 300 feet deep. I have a peak of 1g in the lateral and vertical spectra. The soils are stiff gravels. Shear wave velocities are in the range of 2,000 to 3,000 fps. |
Ball park time. About how much of a percentage reduction can be anticipated by using SSI? I am trying to figure out if it is worth the effort to use SSI. I have to develop in-structure vertical and horizontal response spectra to determine demand.
Back to work after baby– how do you know when you’re ready?
- Prev by Subject: RE: Special Inspections was: CBC Ch 17
- Next by Subject: RE: Staad Doubts
- Previous by thread: Re: Earth Day, Then and Now ...
- Next by thread: Scott Threewitt is out of the office.