Re: Vibration Problem

Swami,

It is hard to make any suggestions based on the information given.

The vibrations may propagate due to various reasons, and any decision
about mitigation activities should be made after a series of tests
that would include measuring the vibrations at various operating modes
of the compressor.
I would recommend bringing a dynamics professional on site to consult with.

For example, last year we investigated the 300MWt steam turbine
vibrations. The cause was a large horisontal crack in the concrete
foundation bottom below ground level, which was then grouted by
injection.

Do you have any image of the structure to post?

Regards, Alex.

--
Alexander Bausk
CAD manager, Structural engineer at