Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Re: corrosion at weld points[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: Re: corrosion at weld points
- From: "Jim Getaz" <jgetaz(--nospam--at)shockeyprecast.com>
- Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2008 14:24:36 -0400
I’ve almost always seen rust first starting under non-sacrificial protection at welds. I have always assumed that it was due to poor cleaning. Shop painting and hot-dip galvanizing are done after cleaning. Weld touch-up is done after slagging, so I just figured it was caused by a poorly prepared substrate. So I never looked for any researched explanation. If you see this on parts that were joined then coated, that is another thing.
- Prev by Subject: corrosion at weld points
- Next by Subject: RE: corrosion at weld points
- Previous by thread: corrosion at weld points
- Next by thread: RE: corrosion at weld points