RE: Free-Fall of Concrete

Some more info.
http://www.concrete.org/FAQ/afmviewfaq.asp?faqid=29

>>> On 4/29/2008 at 10:54 AM, <William.Sherman(--nospam--at)CH2M.com> wrote:
Do you know how much care was taken in the upper part of the free fall?  I've seen articles that say that free fall works as long as the concrete does not impact any obstructions (rebar, sides of the hole, etc).

If the concrete was not controlled to drop vertically in the center of the hole, segregation due to impact with the rebar or sides of the hole could have occurred.

Drop chutes are still the safest approach.

Bill Sherman
CH2M HILL / DEN
720-286-2792