Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
RE: Free-Fall of Concrete[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: RE: Free-Fall of Concrete
- From: "Jerry Coombs" <JCoombs(--nospam--at)carollo.com>
- Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2008 09:14:00 -0700
>>> On 4/29/2008 at 10:54 AM, <William.Sherman(--nospam--at)CH2M.com> wrote:
Do you know how much care was taken in the upper part of the free fall? I've seen articles that say that free fall works as long as the concrete does not impact any obstructions (rebar, sides of the hole, etc).
If the concrete was not controlled to drop vertically in the center of the hole, segregation due to impact with the rebar or sides of the hole could have occurred.
Drop chutes are still the safest approach.
CH2M HILL / DEN
- Prev by Subject: RE: Free-Fall of Concrete
- Next by Subject: RE: Free-Fall of Concrete
- Previous by thread: RE: Free-Fall of Concrete
- Next by thread: RE: Free-Fall of Concrete