From: Joseph R. Grill [mailto:jrgrill(--nospam--at)cableone.net]
Sent: Tuesday, April 29, 2008 9:42 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: RE: Alternate Wind Provision

A couple weeks ago I listened to a web seminar, ASCE with CEU units through NSCEA.  The name of the seminar was “Designing Buildings for Wind Load by ASCE 7-05”.  In that seminar it was also indicated that the simplified method was for a “simple diaphragm building” with one of the criteria being  “…wind loads are transmitted through rigid floor and roof diaphragms.”  A question was asked of the speaker if this method would include flexible plywood diaphragms and the answer was “no”.

Joe Grill