From: Gordon Goodell [mailto:GordonGoodell(--nospam--at)harmonydesigninc.com]
Sent: Tuesday, April 29, 2008 12:32 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: RE: Alternate Wind Provision

Joe,

I mostly use the analytical procedure b/c most of our stuff is too irregular to qualify for the simplified.  But looking at my 7-05 (most recent, I believe), the word “rigid” is not in the definition:

“BUILDING, SIMPLE DIAPHRAGM:  A building in which both windward and leeward wind loads are transmitted through floor and roof diaphragms to the same vertical MWFRS (e.g., no structural separations).

Gordon Goodell