Subject: RE: COLD FORMED TUBES
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2008 10:30:28 -0500
From: hewitt(--nospam--at)aisc.org
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org

Gentlemen,

The AISC Specification provisions for HSS apply to cold-formed tubes.  In the Steel Construction Manual, the section properties for these members can be found in Tables 1-11 through 1-13.  The HSS connections manual is no longer in print, but a design guide on the same subject is currently being developed by AISC.

I hope that this helps.

Chris