Re: Welcome to the beer forum

OK.  Can't miss this one.
Entered into this fine art almost 40 years ago at the eager young age of 15 (it was a different time), so I speak with some experience.
College was Bud, Pabst, Olympia, (remember Schlitz?  Once the largest in the world.). Tried LOTS of the fancy-shmancy stuff.  Some are good, some are not.  I even made my own for several years.  Some of the best I had.  But I figured out that if I paid myself $15/ hr as brewmeister, I was paying about $9/ bottle.  Wasn't worth it.
Settled in w/ Bud, but got tired of paying for those Super Bowl commercials.
Ever had Red Dog, from Plank Road Brewery?  I rather like it and it's inexpensive.  Miller (now the largest brewery in the world based in S. Africa) bought it a few years ago, but apparently haven't changed the recipe.
Cheers!

>>> On 4/30/2008 at 1:44 PM, "David Topete" <d.topete73(--nospam--at)gmail.com> wrote:
let's hope that this sticks to the "nectar of the gods"...

Sierra - favorite
Fat Tire - favorite
GB marzen - very good alternate
Pyramid Hefeweizen - great on a warm evening, after work
Harp Lager (I know it's Irish) - great on a Friday lunch w/ burger and fries
lots of other micro brews that mainly those here in the SF area would know of...

can't say I've tried any of the Michelob "micros..."  but, Mr. Sprague has a little bit of influence...