Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2008 08:18:40 -0700
From: wilsonengineers(--nospam--at)yahoo.com
Subject: Slab dowels - plate v. square v. round
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org

Is there a big trend towards using plate and/or square dowels in industrial slabs instead of round dowels?

The manufacturer's web sites for plate dowels present good arguments, but do the benefits outway the costs and contractor complaints from the perspective of the specifying engineer?

Jim Wilson

Spell a grand slam in this game where word skill meets World Series. Get in the game.