Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Retaining Wall Surcharge[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: Retaining Wall Surcharge
- From: "Ken Peoples" <kspeoples(--nospam--at)lvta.net>
- Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2008 15:48:52 -0400
I would like to know whether there are any published recommendations for surcharges for retaining walls not subject to a highway surcharge but will likely be subjected to loads from typical commercial lawn care equipment. We specified 100 psf on the design drawing but the wall manufacturer's engineer wants us to agree to 30 psf. 30 psf just seems too light to me.
Kenneth S. Peoples, P.E.
Lehigh Valley Technical Associates, Inc.
1584 Weaversville Road
Northampton, PA 18067
- Prev by Subject: RE: Retaining Wall Poured Flush with Soldier Piles
- Next by Subject: RE: Retaining Wall Surcharge
- Previous by thread: Re: Free-Fall of Concrete [segregation]
- Next by thread: RE: Retaining Wall Surcharge