From: Harold Sprague [mailto:spraguehope(--nospam--at)hotmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, April 30, 2008 2:11 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: RE: Slab dowels - plate v. square v. round

I prefer the square dowels.  PNA (http://www.pna-inc.com/home/index.html) sells alignment devices.  They also sell a device that allows one slab to shrink differentially to an adjacent slab placed at a later time (square dowel clip).

I also like the idea that the flat surface of a square dowel can resist higher loads to avoid differntial movement and degradation of the joint.  And they sell a very effective armored slab edge.

Regards,
Harold Sprague