From: Doug Mayer [mailto:doug.mayer(--nospam--at)taylorteter.com]
Sent: Thursday, 1 May 2008 09:47
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: ASCE 7-05 Wind (again)

There is something odd about Figure 6-3 (pg 44) for determining pressures on roof overhangs – there are no values for V=85 mph.  I have looked through the code and I can’t find any reference as to why this omitted and what I should do for values in this case.  Can I neglect it, or do I use a minimum of 10psf, or do I just use the values for V=90 mph?  Any help/guidance on this would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Doug Mayer, SE

Structural Engineer

Visit our new website at www.taylorteter.com