CNN Reports Low Quality Steel Imported From China

Fellow engineers,

        I hate to be the one to start a new engineering topic in the middle of a beer forum; but if I wait until tomorrow I may forget what I wanted to ask.

    The CNN this evening reported serious problems with poor quality (including low strength) in steel imported from China.  Lou Dobbs seems shocked that no one "in authority" (meaning in government, I suppose) is interested in doing anything about it.

        My limited experience with this sort of thing is that it will be the structural EOR who is held accountable for failures rather than "The Government".

        In the past I have relied on mill test reports for quality assurance; however, in light of the CNN report this may no longer be good enough.  What thoughts do you people have on the subject?  What additional safeguards are required?

        I do not have a project under way at the present time so there is no urgency for a reply on my part, however, some thoughtful discussion on the subject may be very appropriate.

Best regards to all
(and good beer drinking),

H. Daryl Richardson