Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
RE: 1 hour exterior wall[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: RE: 1 hour exterior wall
- From: "Donald Bruckman" <bruckmandesign(--nospam--at)verizon.net>
- Date: Fri, 02 May 2008 17:47:22 -0700
If the plywood is part of the structural system, then exposing the combustible plywood to the exterior without the gyp sheathing protection would not provide the required one hour protection to the exterior wall envelope. 704.5 tells you that exposure can come from both sides Note also 1406.2.1.1
It is planned to have wood siding
I know it is better to nail the siding to plywood
is ok to nail the wood siding to dry wall?
Thanks for input
- Prev by Subject: Re: 1 hour exterior wall
- Next by Subject: 1 or 2 piles under a cap
- Previous by thread: Re: 1 hour exterior wall
- Next by thread: bill IS sometimes right...