From: Harold Sprague <spraguehope(--nospam--at)hotmail.com>
To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
Subject: RE: A325 Bolts

I guess, I would have to ask for definition sub zero.  Minus 10 degrees F is sub zero, but so is minus 270 degrees F.  A 325 bolts are commonly used in bridges in very cold climates where the temperature gets down to minus 20=
degrees and even colder. The A320 does not get excited until you are below 100 degrees F. The record low in Fairbanks, AK is minus 66 degrees F.
The issue with cold temperatures and steel is how brittle the steel becomes.  If you are tensioning the bolts, the brittleness of the steel should not be an issue.  Regards,Harold Sprague