Re: A325 Bolts

Drew Morris responded:
Alfonso Quilala wrote:
We are working in subzero temp and instead of A320 bolts for exterior application, we are planning to use A325 instead. How much capacity reduction we are going to use for using A325 in such an environment?

I was involved in a project where that was done.  As I remember, the
bolts were snapping and breaking, but I don't remember what the failure
mechanism was (tension, shear, etc.).  The contractor ended up welding
the connections.

Drew,
I hope the contractor heated the ambient temperature per AWS before he welded.
Jim Getaz