Re: Concrete-filled steel piles

Yeah, diatribe is a funny word.  Thanks for your comments.  We will be using concrete in the piles.  That is, if we still go with piles.  We won't know if geothermal will be used or not until we get the results of the thermal conductivity next week, and piles will be economical only if we get to use the same steel tubes as the geothermal.  (I don't know the noun from "geothermal" in English - anyone ?)

On Sat, Apr 19, 2008 at 2:08 PM, Abolhassan Astaneh-Asl <astaneh(--nospam--at)ce.berkeley.edu> wrote:

From: Abolhassan Astaneh-Asl
To: Mr. Kevin Below
Subject: Subject: Concrete-filled steel piles
Date: April 19, 2008
CC: Seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org

Dear Mr. Below: In my previous e-mail , I had indicated that  please feel free to put my comments under any of your categories of  "comments, opinions, diatribes, irony, satire or knowledge"  but not under "satire" Well, digging down into the root of diatribe, I find that there are the meanings such as "curse" and verbal attacks" associated with the meaning of word "diatribe".  So, please do not consider my comments as diatribe either.

Sincerely,

Abolhassan Astaneh-Asl, Ph.D., P.E.
(www.ce.berkeley.edu/~astaneh) and (www.astaneh.net)
Professor and Consultant on Structural Engineering, Earthquake Engineering and  Protection of Buildings and Bridges against Blast and Impact.