Re: Conical washers

Kevin,

I have used conical washers (sometimes called disk, dome, or spring washers) however my application was for some very large diameter high strength anchor bolts in a heavy industrial application and we used these washers to verify our required pretension load.  The ones we used were Bellevilles and their website is:

http://www.keybellevilles.com

Thomas Hunt, S.E.
Fluor

"Kevin Below" <kbofoz(--nospam--at)gmail.com>
05/05/2008 07:15 PM
Please respond to seaint
seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
cc
Subject
Conical washers

Has anyone come across conical washers ?  They may be an economical way of keeping tension in anchor bolts and storey-high tie-rods in wood structures, compensating for shrinkage in the wood.
Anyone know where they can be had, and if they would be suitable ?