Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
re: roof tile addition[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: re: roof tile addition
- From: "Andrew Kester, PE" <akester(--nospam--at)cfl.rr.com>
- Date: Tue, 6 May 2008 13:06:28 -0400
Though I cannot answer any seismic question, remember to check the thickness of the roof decking and review the framing system for this new dead load. You don't want the roof decking to deflect and cause cracking or warping in that nice new tile roof. Or worse, the roof framing was not designed to support that much extra weight...
Andrew Kester, P.E.
ADK Structural Engineering, PLLC
1510 E. Colonial Ave., Suite 301
Orlando, FL 32803
BEGIN:VCARD VERSION:2.1 N:Andrew Kester;PE FN:Andrew Kester, PE EMAIL;PREF;INTERNET:akester(--nospam--at)cfl.rr.com REV:20080506T170628Z END:VCARD
- Prev by Subject: retrofit vertical reinforcement in masonry wall
- Next by Subject: Safety factor=4 for anchors
- Previous by thread: Re:Trout Fishing, - - Was foundation settling
- Next by thread: foundation settlement