Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
foundation settlement[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: foundation settlement
- From: "Bob Freeman" <robert.freeman(--nospam--at)idsse.com>
- Date: Tue, 6 May 2008 10:14:31 -0700
I have done this 2 ways. Both ways will require a geotechnical investigation.
1. One is to add a grade beam below, and around the existing footing with sacrificial jacks, which allow you to raise the settled footing, then pour new concrete.
2. Another approach I have used
is to add ‘
Approach 2 is cheaper.
IDS Group, Inc.
Bob Freeman, AIA, EIT
- Prev by Subject: Florida Structural Engineering Rules Rewrite Invitation (FAC 61G15)
- Next by Subject: foundation settling
- Previous by thread: re: roof tile addition
- Next by thread: Gusset Plates in a 3rd Minnesota Bridge (Blatnik Br) are Found to be Faulty