Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
RE: Carbonation[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: RE: Carbonation
- From: Harold Sprague <spraguehope(--nospam--at)hotmail.com>
- Date: Wed, 7 May 2008 16:23:54 +0000
I would not perceive carbonation to have much direct effect on bonding to uncarbonated concrete. Indirectly, by lowering the pH and allowing rebar to corrode, localized bonding might fail due to the mechanical action of the expanding steel. |
This is not too unusual in the old days with precast plant heaters in the winter. The precast was carbonated, but the topping was not. I can not recall of any direct bonding issues other than what I have already mentioned.
Get Free (PRODUCT) RED™ Emoticons, Winks and Display Pics. Check it out!
- From: Terangue Gillham
- Prev by Subject: Carbonation
- Next by Subject: Carbonation
- Previous by thread: Carbonation
- Next by thread: Re: Carbonation