RE: foundation settling

Gordon -
You might try getting in touch with Ted Matelich of Montana Helical-Pier.  They're a certified Chance Helical contractor and recently helped me out with a project in the Moscow-Pullman area.  From talking with him it sounds like they do a lot of work all over the Washington-Idaho-Montana area.

His email is contact info is:
Ted Matelich
Montana Helical Piers
Toll Free:  877-510-4295
Office:  406-755-2394
Cell:  406-253-6526
Fax:  406-755-2366
Email:  ted 'at' montanahelical 'dot' com

There is also an outfit in the Pasco-Kennewick area that does helical piers, but I don't know the name of them off the top of my head.

Good luck.

Josh Comfort, P.E.
Golden, Graper & Burton, Inc.

1500 W. Fourth Ave., Suite 509